Cycles Laurent

I checked for bike stores in Paris and found two, "Velo and Oxygen" and "Cycles Laurent". Pam and I went to Cycles and Oxygen first, we walked up the Champs Elsee past the Arc de Triomph.   This shop was okay, had some interesting looking priduction road bikes, I had never seen a modern Peugeot before, all carbon, wide tubes.  A few days later we made it to Cycles Laurent.  It turns out our host knows the owner, Jean Paul Laurent, she sagged a ride once for him and his son.  So Pam and I made it to the shop . . . What a cool bike shop.  Mostly custom frames, some really top end stuff.  Jean Paul spoke no English and was busy with a customer, so we got help from one of the guys that worked there.  He was very friendly and helpful.  We had to but a pump and lock for our Paris host, as she had just bought a city bike on Craig's list Paris and needed these.  I then wanted a jersey from the store, and got help with that.  The store is owned by Jean Paul and his father who also is a cyclist.  Jean Paul's son also rides and  their store brochures shows the three of them riding road bikes along some nice mountain road.   When Jean Paul finished with his customer, our translated explained we were staying at Debra's place, and Jean Paul was then quire talkative and friendly.   His wife was involved in our limited conversation as well.  Pam and I left the store and headed home with our bike loot.  I plan to get a picture of my in my Cycles Laurent jersey on the Golden Gate Bridge and mailing it it Jean Paul.


No comments: